Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lil Mama Calls out Nicki Minaj


Rapper Lil Mama is clearly not here for Nicki Minaj's bull**** and fake "woman empowerment movement" persona! 

While out promoting her latest project, her role in the upcoming VH1, TLC movie, and an reality show on BET,  the fem-cee discussed her not liking how Nicki Minaj doesn't put the other ladies trying to make it "on". 

"A lot of times, I hear her say. ‘I do this for women,’ and ‘I’m doing this for all of us,’ while she’s accepting a BET award, but other than that I don’t’ see her embracing any other women." 

    She also states that she wishes the women in the industry would embrace one another and show love like they once did. 

"One of the things that makes me most happy about music is that I can look at a picture and see Da Brat, Missy, Lil Kim and I know Aaliyah is a singer but to see them all in one photo together hugging and laughing and really having genuine love for each other…I want to feel that with my Hip Hop sisters." 


Although Lil Mama makes great points, is Nicki Minaj obligated to put other women on the map or feature them in songs? She did say she was doing this for women and she wanted to open doors ...

Leave your thoughts below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment